Posting link: https://bit.ly/2S0DtX6
Ulster BOCES is seeking a certified, experienced, organized, and highly responsive School Library System Coordinator. This is a full time, 10-month position at Ulster BOCES New Paltz. Appropriate NYS certification and fingerprinting required.
To be legally employed in this position, you must possess a valid school library media specialist certification.
Salary commensurate with experience and training. Salary range: $75,833 to $83,333
To provide leadership in the county to ensure the successful operation of the School Library System and Library Automation CoSer.
- Coordinates all activities of the School Library System.
- Promotes School Library System services and the Library Automation CoSers to district and building personnel.
- Serves as liaison between State Education Department, BOCES, and the Library Council.
- Prepares reports, information, and plans as required for the State Education Department, BOCES, and Library Council.
- Prepares and monitors budgets.
- Organizes professional development, orientation, and awareness activities for the Library Council members, county librarians, and educators.
- Conducts training that promotes the use of technology and resources to support teaching and learning.
- Administers Library Automation CoSer activities including management, planning, installation, and training, and coordinating regional user groups.
- Provides leadership on automation, resources, funding, technology, and databases.
- Manages and coordinates data collection, union lists, interlibrary loans, and information searches.
- Encourages and facilitates communication and cooperation among members.
- Collaborates with the Public Library System and Southeastern New York Resources Council when appropriate.
- Prepares School Library System newsletter and disseminates relevant information.
- Supervises School Library System support staff.
- Assumes other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4 :00 p.m.
- Must hold a school library media specialist New York State certificate with a minimum of three years of experience, and be eligible to possess either a School Building Leader (SBL), School District Leader (SDL), or School Administrator and Supervisor (SAS) educational leadership certificate within three years from appointment date.
- Proficient in the use of technology, educational applications, and automation;
- Knowledge of learning standards and curriculum design;
- Excellent electronic, written, and spoken communication and interpersonal skills.
At Ulster BOCES, our mission is to provide high quality shared educational, administrative, and technical services that will enable component school districts to develop the capacity of their students and adults to achieve higher standards of performance. With an emphasis on economic efficiencies, Ulster BOCES is committed to offering educational programs that enable all students to prepare for employment and/or post-secondary education.
The Ulster County Board of Cooperative Education Services is an educational agency serving eight component school districts. They are: Ellenville Central School District • Highland Central School District • Kingston City Schools Consolidated • New Paltz Central School District • Onteora Central School District • Rondout Valley Central School District • Saugerties Central School District • Wallkill Central School District
Generous health insurance, dental and vision benefits. Paid time off. New York state retirement system membership and 403(b) tax-sheltered annuities plan. Flexible spending plan, disability benefits, employee assistance program and tuition reimbursement.
Equal Opportunity Employer